God functions as the divine warrior who fights against the enemies on behalf of his people. First of all, there is the divine promise to fight for Israel against the peoples of Canaan which I know you know that story already. The believer’s struggle is not against flesh and blood. Our enemies are not human or physical: they are spiritual—spiritual forces that possess unbelievable power.
We must fight because warfare goes on whether you are ready to fight or not. I know there is a saying that we are more than conquerors, however in this fight sometimes you might need drone strike, air bomb, etc. Most of the fights are beyond our strength, that is where God comes in at.
As Pharaoh’s charioteers and armed troops approached, fear struck. There were God’s people confronted by a raging sea in front of them and a raging army behind them. Like wise in life sometimes it may seem you are stuck, nothing goes right. Wicked people and demonic forces are so taken up with evil that they are unable to sleep till they hurt someone like me and you. Read about Daniel’s prayer and you shall know what the enemy did to hinder his prayer.
- The LORD will fight for (your name), and I shall hold mine peace. Exodus 14:14
- My battle is the Lord’s. Exodus 14:25
- The LORD my God who goes before me will himself fight for (your name), just as he did for you in Egypt before your eyes, Deuteronomy 1:30
- My battles belong to the Lord; he will fight all my battles throughout this year and I will triumph over my enemies in the mighty name of the Lord. Deuteronomy 3:22
- Father, expose everyone in my family, among my friends, in my neighborhood fighting against me, in the name of Jesus. Deuteronomy 20:4
- O God, arise, and let Your angels fight my battles today, in the name of Jesus. Joshua 10:14
- Blood of Jesus, arise and fight my battles, in the name of Jesus. Joshua 10:42
- I command every evil power fighting against me to fight against and destroy one another, in Jesus name. Joshua 23:3
- Fingers of the living God, begin to fight on my behalf in every affair of my life in the name of Jesus. ‘Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed at this great horde, for the battle is not yours but God’s.
2 Chronicles 20:15
- Any power fighting for my destiny in order to destroy it, die, in the name of Jesus. 2 Chronicles 20:29
- Lord, open my eye, I must see clearly the activities of witchcraft that’s been fighting my life, my bloodline, my generation and my spouse in the name of Jesus Christ. Nehemiah 4:20
- O Lord, contend with those who are contending with me. Fight those who are fighting against me. Psalm 35:1